HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD:
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1.Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
2.List 11 random facts about yourself.
3.Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4.Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
5.Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
6.Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.”
MY NOMINEES (I can’t name 11 since just about everybody I follow has been nominated, some multiple times):
11 Random Facts About Me:
(1) I’m a single dad who was the “custodial” parent for most of my two wonderful kids’ lives.
(2) I’ve spent most of my career as a sports writer, but now I design news pages for a living.
(3) I am distantly related to one U.S. president (Zachary Taylor) and one signer of the Declaration of Independence (Charles Carroll of Carrollton (Md.).
(4) My family tree also includes bank robbers, horse thieves and moonshiners.
(5) I am the proud father of an Afghanistan war veteran. My son came home right before Thanksgiving.
(6) I’ve performed in five ballets: The Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, Firebird, Dracula and Billy the Kid.
(7) I’ve got to be among the few people from Alabama who could say they played high school football and took ballet during their high school years.
(8) Because my mother is from southeast Pa., I’m an avid fan of sports teams from Philly: Go Phillies, Eagles, Flyers and Sixers!
(9) I got to meet Johnny Cash backstage at one of his concerts when I was 5 (my dad knew him).
(10) I am a history nerd who loves going to battlefields and getting lost in museums.
(11) I am pursuing an art studio degree (in graphic design) two decades after earning a journalism degree
Answer Questions Given to Me:
Since I’ve been nominated twice, I have combined the questions from Back to the First Position and Legal Ballerina. I tried to pick them evenly and did not dodge the harder ones.
(1) Favorite movie: Forrest Gump
(2) Describe your most embarrassing moment: Oh, my cousin and I got caught skinny dipping by my sister and her best friend when I was 10. But they were cool, they didn’t tell anybody.
(3) How much time do you spend on your blog weekly? Probably four or five hours.
(4) What is your happiest memory? It’s a tie. The birth of my children.
(5) Can you drive a stick shift? I drove a stick one time. I helped a friend drive out to Colorado. I drove from Columbia, Mo. to the Colorado line. A straight shot on I-70.
(6) If you could look like anyone, who would it be???? Oh, I don’t know, George Clooney maybe. I already look like Robin Williams.
(7) Name your favorite (current or past) Boy Band: Do I get extra points for not dodging this question? Well, if you held a gun to my ahead, I’d say the Backstreet Boys.
(8) What was the last movie you saw? Oz, the Great and Powerful with my daughter.
(9) Would you ever shave your head for a good cause? Yup. and I’ve already done so. My son played on a very bad youth league baseball team when he was about 8 or 9. I was an assistant coach and told them if they’d actually win a game, I’d shave it. The little buggers beat the first place team on the last day of the season. I kept my word.
(10) Who is your favorite ballet dancer? The gorgeous Polina Semionva.
(11) Can you do the splits? It depends. The front-back kind I can do pretty well for an old man. The side splits, forget about it.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What’s your favorite song?
2. When was the last time you read a book (and which book was it?)
3. What is your hidden talent that no one does about?
4. What is your favorite style of dance?
5. What is your favorite dance step?
6. What is the horror movie that scared you the most?
7. What would be your dream vacation?
8. Favorite childhood memory?
9. Favorite color and why?
10. Favorite blog to follow?
11. Favorite dance company?